News from Mrs. Craft and Mrs. Dixon
January 23, 2017
J Gentle Reminders for Parents:
- Please review sight words with your child nightly. These are words they should know automatically; they should not try to sound or tap them. They should also know these words quickly.
- Please check folders daily. There may be important information inside. Also these folders should be sent to school daily.
- Provide opportunities for your child to write sentences. This could be about what they want to do, where they want to go, etc.
How can you help your child at home?
- Allow your child to count to 50 throughout the day. You want him/her to be able to do this independently. Remember when you have to fill in numbers for your child, it indicates he/she is not yet counting independently.
- Have your child practice writing numbers 0-15. Do this often.
- Read with your child every night. Encourage your child to use complete sentences when speaking. Expect him/her to communicate clearly!
- Students will receive sight words. Go over sight words daily. This week they are was, all, where. The words we have already introduced and taught are: I, a, am, can, me, the, go, at, is, my, see, to, up, we, and, had, in, like, do, has, it, look, he, got, on, his, are, have, come, did, for, said, get, here, of, play, him, she, will, you, red, blue, yellow, green, purple, brown, pink, black, white.
Please make reading a priority!
It will enhance your child’s educational journey! J